Nursing Mothers' Breaks (29 U.S.C. s. 207(r))
- An employer shall provide:
- a reasonable break time for an employee to express breast milk for her nursing child for 1 year after the child's birth each time the employee has need to express the milk; and
- a place, other than a bathroom, this is shielded from view and free from intrusion from co-workers and the public, which may be used by an employee to express breast milk.
- An employer is not required to compensate an employee receiving such reasonable break time.
- An employer that employs less than 50 employees is not subject to these requirements if such requirements would impose an undue hardship by causing the employer significant difficulty or expense when considered in relation to the size, financial resources, nature or structure of the employer's business.
[ Up ][ Home ] [ Case of the Week ] [ Summaries ] [ Web Sites ] [ About the Author ] [ Contact Us ]